This chocolate “thick-shake” is a winner in our house. My boys particularly love it when then get off the school busy (starving) but it is also a family favourite on weekends after our family big rides.
It is loaded with magnesium from raw cacao and pure protein to help with muscle recovery, prebiotics and nutritious carbohydrates from bananas, plus good fats and fibre from chia seeds. Most importantly though it tastes amazing and is dairy and gluten free.
- 1 Frozen banana, chopped into pieces (freezing them is the secret step!.. it replaces the need for icecream)
- 20g Cacao-Choc Pure Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Cacao
- 1-2 Medjool Dates, chopped
- 1 Dessertspoon chia seeds
- 3/4 Cup Nut Milk (or milk of choice) .. add more milk if you wish
Blend all ingredients into a high-speed blender until thick and smooth!