Everyone in the family will LOVE this chocolate granola mix that makes the most fabulous trailmix snack or breakfast cereal with a little nut milk. It is loaded with protein and good fats from the nuts, along with the antioxidant and magnesium rich benefits of cacao. It will keep your blood sugars stable and your hunger at bay. Most of all… it’s delicious!
- 150g raw whole almonds
- 100g raw cashews
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Sonia’s organic cacao
- 3 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup Sprinkle goji berries (or dried fruit of choice)
Preheat oven to 120 C / 248 F.
Add almonds, cashews, coconut, cacao and sea salt to a bowl. Mix through lightly until combined. Add maple syrup and vanilla. Mix through well (important you continue to lightly mix for a few minutes until your nut mix is well covered).
Spread granola evenly and thinly onto a lined baking tray. Bake:
- 10 minutes (if using my activated nuts); OR
- 45 minutes is using raw nuts (check after 30 minutes –to make sure)
Remove from oven and toss through goji berries. Cool granola completely then pack into glass storage jar.
Enjoy as a trail mix snack or add with icy cold nut milk for a great breakfast with berries.