For “happy hormones” you need a “happy liver”. A Liver Support protocol is something that I always prescribe. Beetroot can play a wonderful role in this. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and pectin.
As a beetroot-loving Aussie family “Beetroot Relish” is nearly always in the fridge… my kids love it! I also use the food processor to grate/chop so it’s super fast to make.
- 500g Beetroot, peeled and grated
- 200g Brown onion, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ orange
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon ginger
- ½ Teaspoon cumin
- Himalayan rock salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients into a medium saucepan and mix well.
Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cool and enjoy.