These protein balls are a wonderfully nourishing sweet treat that will bring any afternoon lull to life! They contain delicious coconut and dried apricots, and the anti-inflammatory goodness of turmeric and honey. They are also nut-free for the lunch box and contain proteins and fats to keep you satisfied. You won’t be disappointed!
- 200g Desiccated Coconut
- 100g Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- 45g of my Ultra Clean Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1 Tablespoons golden flaxseeds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of my Golden Latte Powder*
- 270g Dried apricots, sulphur free (soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drained)
- 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
- Extra Desiccated Coconut (for rolling)
Place coconut, oats, flaxseeds, Golden Latte powder and Ultra-Clean Protein Powder into the food processor. Process until the mix looks fine and crumbly.
Add drained apricots (and honey if using) and process again until the mix starts to come together (Add a splash of water if you need to so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball)
Form into decent sized balls with wet hands. Roll in coconut and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks (or I double the batch and keep them in the freezer.. they are actually heavenly frozen!).