I designed this recipe for a family that was weaning-off a high processed food/sugar diet with a love of pasta. It is lovely and sweet PLUS loaded with the goodness of vegetables and bone broth. It’s sure to please even the fussiest of eaters.
- 350g Pumpkin, peeled and diced, 2cm x 2cm
- 250g Sweet potato, peeled and diced, 2cm x 2cm
- 600g Roma or cherry tomato, chopped/sliced
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped
- 1 Large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Cup Sonia’s Healing Bone Broth Stock in Hearty Beef or Home-style Chicken (mix 2.5 teaspoons of Bone Broth powder with 1 cup of hot filtered water)
- 1 Organic Medjool Dates, chopped (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 Teaspoons dried sweet basil
- Gluten Free Rice/Quinoa penne pasta (pre-cooked and set-aside)
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients (excluding pasta) into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until pumpkin and sweet potato have softened.
Step 2: Remove from heat and allow to cool, then puree sauce in blender until smooth.
Step 3: Stir enough sauce through pasta until thoroughly combined.
- Add other veggies you know the family like e.g carrot
- Stir through a protein and/or other veggies eg chicken/beef mince and/or corn kernels/peas